CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE SCHOLARSHIP
The Colorado Chapter of NHF is pleased to offer travel grants to attend national meetings. National meetings much like BDC enable our community to come together and exchange information on a wide variety of topics, from the basics of diagnosis to the most relevant developments in treatment and technology. Completion of this application will automatically register you with the Nebraska Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation and place you on the mailing list.
NHF Colorado provides special grants to people affected by a bleeding disorder so that they may attend an event of the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) or other learning opportunities. The grants may be used for event registration fees, transportation, and/or lodging. Priority may be given to those who have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder within the last year or have not attended the selected event in the past. Grants will be awarded based on the availability of funds.
The remaining number of travel grants will be awarded based on the amount the Colorado Chapter has allotted in their yearly budget, and this amount is discussed and approved by the Advisory Board of Directors.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are 1st Time Attendees (those who have never attended a National Conference)
- Preference will be given to applicants who did not attend the National Conference the previous year.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have been actively involved in Colorado Chapter activities.
Upon receiving a Conference Attendance Scholarship the recipients will be required to do the following:
- Sign & return a receipt stating they received the grant
- Submit receipts for expenses incurred under the travel grant. Only receipts for hotel, airline & conference registration will be accepted.
- Submit to the Chapter a short synopsis of their trip including benefits, things learned, and benefits to their children, if applicable.
PLEASE COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE BELOW CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: