Are you interested in donating time to support the NHF Colorado mission and community?
Seeking: Social Factor Volunteer Committee Members
Purpose of Committee
The purpose of the Social Factor Committee is to provide oversight, guidance, networking, and participation for Social Factor events of NHF Colorado that include social, educational, and exhibiting events for all in the Colorado bleeding disorder community.
This committee works collaboratively with the NHF Colorado program manager to strategize, coordinate, and execute the tasks related to the Social Factor events in accordance with the annual program plans. All final decisions will be made by the NHF Colorado staff.
NHF Colorado’s current 2018 Social Factor events are:
- Grand Junction outreach (sometime in September) (exhibits)
- Colorado Springs outreach (exhibits)
- Northern Colorado outreach (exhibits)
- Denver 3/24 (exhibits)
- Dates of events: 1/27, 2/24, 3/24, 4/28, 5/19, 6/23, 8/18, 9/22, 10/27, 11/24
Committee Member Prerequisites
Commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of NHF Colorado and the community it serves is vital. Members of the community should be guiding the program in the direction you want it to go. Programs FOR you BY you.
A collaboration of the following skills is desired:
- Well-connected social networks in the bleeding disorders community.
- Familiarity with Denver/Colorado and event spaces.
- Marketing experience.
- Non-profit experience.
- Event idea generation.
Time Commitment and Term Limits
- Participation in two in-person meetings (one in winter and one in summer or early fall) with additional optional in-person meetings prior to the events,
- One conference call with all members bi-monthly in March-July and September-November and two conference calls the months of each major event
The duration of the commitment is one year, from January of 2018 until December of 2018.
If Interested in being a Social Factor committee volunteer please contact Sean in the office at email@example.com or call 720-545-0755.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
NHF Colorado is currently developing a number of essential volunteer roles to keep the organization growing and thriving. If you have other ideas or would like to talk with us more about volunteering please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications – write blog postings, help with e-newsletter, maintaining website, managing social media;
- Fundraising – help with grant writing, writing a fundraising plan, creating appeals;
- Board Development – assist with management of board responsibilities, preparing for board meetings, creating recruitment strategies;
- Events – assist with the Colorado Walk for Hemophilia, Black & Blue silent auction, coordinate and help out during events;
- Program assistance – respond to questions and needs related to NHF Colorado programming.
The NHF Colorado Chapter welcomes volunteers in the Colorado community who are interested in serving on committees to help strengthen the chapter and better serve the needs of our members! If you are interested in any of these committees, please email email@example.com for more information to get started!
Our current committees include, but are not limited to:
- Advocacy Committee
- Fund Raising Committee
- Program Services Committee
About the Advocacy Committee
The Advocacy Committee is responsible for a continuing program to advocate for issues in support of the NHF’s mission, through planned activities and services in the Chapter’s stated coverage area. The Advocacy Committee will work to create, sustain, and improve the quality of advocacy work at the local and national level for its members of the NHF Colorado community. We are striving to develop stronger advocacy efforts to benefit affected members of the bleeding disorder community.
About the Fund Raising Committee
Have you ever found yourself wanting to learn about fund raising or use your fund raising skills to support NHF Colorado? Our Fund Raising Committee may be just the place for you! The Fund Raising Committee is responsible for planning a comprehensive, annual fund raising program and for managing its implementation. This committee works collaboratively with the Chapter Executive Director and the Chapter’s Board of Directors.
About the Program Services Committee
The Program Services Committee is responsible for the planning of programs for the bleeding disorders community in support of the NHF mission in the Chapter’s stated coverage area. The Program Services Committee will work to create, sustain, and improve the quality of services for its members of the NHF Colorado community. Our chapter is striving to develop strong programming to serve the Colorado community and compliment the work of the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center’s patient care.We have included a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available. If you would like to help please fill out the form below and we are certain we will find a way for you to make a difference.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Special Events Community Outreach
Volunteer Guest Speakers
Walk Team Captains