Join Our Team!
The Chapter is hiring a part-time development manager. This is an opportunity to serve a small, but critical patient disorder group through the craft of fundraising event management and donor cultivation, while providing a wealth of flexibility!
Seeking: Part-time Development Manager
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the part-time Development Manager plans, coordinates, and executes the chapters fundraising events and campaigns. Fundraising events include, but are not limited to, the Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk and Easy Brews Beer Festival. The Development Manager will also lead individual and corporate donor cultivation and solicitation activities as it relates to meaningful development participation.
Description of Position
- Envision, strategize and implement chapter’s annual fundraising plan; establish, set and meet financial goals and objectives for all development activities – in partnership with Executive Director, Local Advisory Board, and the Fundraising & Events Committee.
- Coordinate the selection of date, location, time & event details for development events.
- Manage event budgets. This includes proactively monitoring event revenue, but also implementing cost-cutting measures when appropriate.
- Event Manager for the Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk & Easy Brews Beer Festival; including securing and cultivating corporate sponsorships, managing donor database, and individual donations, cultivating grassroots team fundraising for Walk, coordinating physical Walk/Beer Fest details.
- Identify, cultivate and lead event/fundraising volunteers and committees for the benefit of the chapter.
- Strategize and implement the Colorado Gives Day giving campaign.
- Cultivate, engage, solicit, and recognize NHF Colorado donors.
- Maintain complete up-to-date records using donor/client database relating to all development activities, including sponsors, donors, generate reports, and manage donor contacts, donations and acknowledgment letters using Blommerang software.
- Assist with Chapter communications; includes newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and website, as it pertains to fundraising.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or some college preferred some post-secondary coursework and/or certification desired.
- Background in planning and implementing nonprofit special events.
- Experience in creating and managing volunteer leadership and committees.
- Experience serving patient populations and/or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a diverse donor base of supporters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of donor database software a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in social media including Facebook and Twitter.
- Self-motivated, organized, detailed oriented, and goal driven.
- Warm, inviting personality, enjoys relating to people, experiencing new things.
- Sensitive to dealing with patients and families with a chronic medical condition.
- Flexible with time; includes hours in the Chapter office and occasional nights and weekends.
Hourly Position. $18-$25/hr based on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org